Thursday 12 November 2015

Initial Drawings



As I had a late start to the year I had to catch up by producing a lot of drawings, I decided to a sketchbook but they were all of a similar size with a similar media such as pens and markers. After I'd had a lot of these I decided I needed something which involved colour and I needed to explore the size of my drawings. I started to create some larger drawings on A1 and start to explore colour. As I wanted the intricate designs, by doing it on A1 paper they are big drawings but when they are in Photoshop or Illustrator you can't necessarily see the size. 

By doing these big drawings it's given me a good idea of how to build up the body of work for the unit which I think I have struggled with previously, all of these techniques give me a lot more to work with. Especially with the bigger drawings you can really chop them up and zoom in a specific area and find different markings and textures within one larger drawing. 

The issue I had with the bigger drawings compared to the smaller ones is that my drawing style tends be to quick and free flowing with no real plan, so with the big drawings I would be working on them for longer so found myself getting bored especially with the more detailed parts. As you can see in the image above there are some parts missing but getting bored with the bigger drawings gave me a reason to explore different textures to fill the bigger spaces.