Friday 4 December 2015

Colour Schemes




Colour Scheme 2
Working with more than one colour scheme has really been a challenge for me, in previous projects sticking to a colour scheme has been something I've struggled with. At the start of the unit I was working with very dark, muted colour schemes and not really stepping out of comfort zone. I created my colour schemes digitally and didn't have any intention of exploring any others. When I started researching for my motifs, especially with the intricate patterns I found that a lot of what I was researching had bright colours and also made the smaller details stand out a lot more than they would with darker colours that might be more similar. 

When I saw the Timorous Beasties sofa and got inspired to start working with inks it opened up a whole new colour palette that featured a lot of bright pinks and oranges. It ended up giving me inspiration for a lot more work and I found myself producing page after page of markings but then when I went into Photoshop I had more work than I knew what to do with because I liked the colours and marks more than any of the work I'd produced previously. 

Colour Scheme 3
By limiting myself at the start of the project I missed potential time to explore these colours more which could of allowed me to create more work. I think the prints I created with colour scheme 2 which featured the pinks and oranges is some of the best work I have produced so far. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed working with colour like I did in my art foundation previously and it really gave me some inspiration that I had lost in previous projects. 

In Unit X I need to remember the importance of colour and what it can do to a project, by finding this new colour scheme it completely turned my work around. If i start to lose inspiration I know I can go back to looking at colour and mark marking and hopefully see the same results I have in this unit.