Thursday 4 February 2016

Material Investigation

From the colour schemes I have chosen they are full of bright colours which leads my audience to be a higher market, when looking at the consumer the average person may not fill their home with such unique colours. This colour palette gives important consideration to the materials that may be used, with potential in Unit X to develop my prints onto fabric.

Looking into materials has been slightly difficult due to time scales, material investigation is something that is usually far down on priorities in my practice which is something I need to work on in Unit X and after university as it can change the colour and value of any of my designs.

The materials I imagine my patterns on for cushions, are luxurious such as velvet or silk. As I want the cushions to be for a higher market, I want to add tassels and fringing as it just adds more texture. When discussing the idea of tassels it really me a vision of what my work could potentially look like, for my degree show I want to explore this further because it could be a potential career path.