Tuesday 23 February 2016

Colour Scheme 2




Timorous Beasties Sofa
Initially when I started the project I went for very subtle colours with a mix of dark greys, teals and purples. None of my colour schemes had a lot of colour, which was something I didn't do intentionally, as I enjoy working with colour. After seeing the image below of a Timorous Beasties sofa and deciding to do some work with paint and ink to add more texture, I discovered a new colour scheme which inspired me more than the others I had previously. This made me realise I was playing it too safe with my previous colour schemes and not creating work I truly wanted to create or work that would reflect my practice after university. I regret not being more adventurous from the start as it would of been interesting to see where my work would of progressed to.
I think this print shows how my work has developed and I've understood the importance of having a good body of work, by having a good range of ink markings I could apply them into Photoshop and make intricate looking patterns with simple methods. The idea behind my project was to create patterns that looked intricate (patterns within patterns) that had texture with digital techniques. I think this pattern is a good product of what I wanted to achieve. I am excited to take this print through to Unit X and potentially see it on a product. When you compare some of my earlier prints you can see that my work has progressed immensely and now I'm starting to see some work I would be happy with in a professional setting. 
Final Print