Wednesday 24 February 2016

Digital Processes

In this project I feel my digital techniques have developed, which has been helped by having a bigger body of traditional processes, having the large drawings with paintings and ink markings made the digital process a lot easier. By scanning in bigger file types it allow me to ensure a higher quality which will be useful when I start to use my work in a professional way. 

Sofa Concept

By learning how to use displacement maps it allowed me to showcase my work in a more realistic way, by applying my prints this way I can see how prints may or may not work for their intended purpose. In the concept above it shows a good indication of what it may look like but it still needs work, I need to focus on the finishing aspects such as edges and shading. In Unit X I will need to ensure my work is to a professional standard, even with concepts. 

Colour Scheme 2 Cushion Concept

In Unit X I think I need to experiment more with materials, in Photoshop it's not entirely possible to get a real feel for how the pattern will transfer onto different fabrics. Compared to the sofa concept using the displacement map this image isn't as clean cut. You can see where the image ends and it doesn't have the realistic effect, this is where my digital processes need some work when considering professional aspects. If I want to continue with producing prints for interiors in particular cushions I need to find a process that will allow me to do so and create concepts that are realistic for my degree show and further for professional use.