Wednesday 2 March 2016

Rucksack Concepts

Although I was taking the interiors approach to my practice, I still wanted to explore the idea of doing something fashion/accessory related as I'd done this in previous projects. I think my final prints could easily cross over between interiors and fashion but when I was developing my motifs I couldn't see the final image of having motifs which would be traditionally only suited to interiors on fashion. This is something in Unit X I need to steer away from as these are only limiting my work and how much I can explore certain designs and motifs. 

I feel like I also limited myself with colour schemes, as I set my mind on one colour scheme or design it stopped me from exploring the option of having any of my colour schemes on fashion/accessories. The dark blues I used in colour scheme 3 are a good example of learning not to limit myself to one area (see below). Here there is the same print on a rucksack and a sofa both with interesting results. I think the pattern works well on both but looks completely different and gives a completely different feel. In Unit X I will look back at this blog post to remind myself that in my practice I don't necessarily need to limit myself when it comes to prints, motifs or colour schemes.


Colour Scheme 3 Rucksack Concept

Colour Scheme 3 Sofa Concept