Friday 25 March 2016

Unit X

After the practice unit there were two main aspects I wanted to focus on, being more brave in the initial stages with colour and investigating the materials to take my work to a more professional level. I did a lot of drawing motifs and mark marking in the practice level so I felt that a lot of these would still be relevant in unit x.

By this point I know that the prints I create will be for interiors/soft furnishings so this will be where I start my research. In the practice unit I was advised that by using bright bold colours you are aiming at a more expensive audience, so I will be aiming my work to a higher price point and this will reflect in what I make. This is why I want to do a lot of material investigation to ensure every aspect is following the higher price point.


Matthew Williamson uses bright colours nicely and his prints and used cross over from sofas to stationary to fashion which inspires me as I like the idea of patterns having more than more use. This is also a good mind set for after university as if I was to work freelance being able to offer a service which crosses over different areas. In unit x I aim to create versatile prints than can cross over.