Thursday 7 April 2016

Initial Prints



My initial prints came from motifs from the practice unit, in the unit I produced so many drawings and mark makings that towards the end of the unit when it came to looking at making prints, I had forgotten a lot of the motifs I drew at the very start of the project. As the practice unit was all about detail and texture I decided to take these motifs and make unit x about colour. In the practice unit I wasn't brave with colour until the end of the project so I didn't get chance to explore colour as much as I'd like. So already having the motifs and experiments from the practice unit it's allowed to make unit x all about colour.

All of the prints I've made so far have been very busy with a lot going on, I want to explore more different repeat styles, so not every motif is so busy. When it comes to the collection at the end of the unit I want to have a variety of different styles to show how versatile I can be. With the work I am producing in this unit I want to be very aware of the image I project for my portfolio or future employers.