Wednesday 20 April 2016

Developed Cushion Concepts

After the first attempt of pinning the fabric samples to cushions and not being happy with the results, I decided to order larger samples in an A3 size so they would fit onto actual cushions so I could get a better idea of what they would look like not only individually but together as a group. 
Cushion Concept 1

Once again I followed the same process of pinning the samples and the trimmings as well. Another improvement I made was photographing the cushions on something where they would potentially be used by the target audience. 

By ordering the larger sample sizes I was able to find a larger selection of cushions to apply them to. This process helped me a lot when it came to deciding on what I wanted for the degree show. It also helped me make the decision when it came to the finishes on my cushions. I was really happy with the colours and patterns that fit together.

Cushion Concept 2
Before doing this process, I was worried that the cushions would be too much with the bold colours and patterns together but by taking these pictures it's allowed me to step back and see things from a different perspective after seeing the samples for so long. I hadn't previously arranged the cushions on something flattering for the arrangement but I think this purple in concept 2 really brings out the colours of the cushions and completely changes my mind set. 




Cushion Concept 3
 Cushion Concept 3 is the almost the finished article I envisioned, I wanted two normal sized cushions at the back, with two rectangle cushions and one smaller square cushion at the front of the display. This was hard to achieve with just my samples as they wouldn't have fit onto larger cushions than pictured but by having two rectangles I know which prints look better on what shape.