Friday 8 April 2016

3D Cushion Concepts

After receiving my fabric samples I decided to use these samples to create cushion concepts to get an realistic look of what my cushions would look like. The issue I had is that I couldn't find any cushions small enough to fit on my A4 samples, after searching I decided to use some of the fabric samples I wasn't as happy with and made a simple cushion out of them with toy filling. 


As hand stitching is not something I'm particularly
good at I was trying to avoid this method as long as possible but eventually gave in and decided just to go for it and see what I could come up with. These also served as a great tool to apply patterns in Photoshop to make them look slightly more realistic. Another big reason for doing this is that because I want to have different trimmings on my cushions I need to see how they work colour wise and with certain patterns. 



This concept was really the only one that worked, it allowed me to apply the pattern how it would look when made properly and also how the tassels would look against the pattern. I'm still not completely happy with this method, it's not quite working for me and what I'm trying to achieve.