Wednesday 24 February 2016

Drawing Ink Processes


The idea for this work was to focus on creating textures and markings, not necessarily final pieces but designs that I could take into Photoshop and make prints from. By using various techniques with brushes and plastic syringes I have made a variety of marks with different colours. With these prints, I can digitally place them onto various platforms such as sofas, wallpaper and soft furnishing designs. Throughout I want them to stay with the idea in mind that they are for interiors. Reflecting on my work I need to focus on my colour themes more and ensure that I keep to the 6 colour schemes I am aiming for. I need to keep in mind that I can use these processes and techniques for future projects, by using the syringes it gives unique marks using both paint and ink.



By using the drawing ink processes I feel it has made a huge difference to my practice and how I think as a print designer. I already had colour palettes in place but by experimenting with techniques I found a new colour palette than ended up being my most inspiring at the end of the project. This ink process also made the digial aspect a lot easier, I had a large body of work of 70 A1 pieces of mark marking that aren't special individually but when put together with digital techniques turn into something quite special.